Friday, February 12, 2010

Letter of Support for George Phillips


I have been working with George Phillips for about the past two and a half years, and even more extensively in 2009 helping to secure our base for the 2010 election. I have done everything from research projects to traveling to the Hudson Valley and even New York City to meet with potential donors. I have been asked a few times why I would give up so much of my time to campaign for George. For me it stems back to October of 2007. A buddy called me and informed me that George was going to be running for Congress, and invited me to his press conference at a local restaurant. At the time I had never met George before I had only heard about him briefly in conversations with my buddy. I decided to attend the press conference and when I had a chance to meet and talk with George I realized right away that he is down to earth and understands our needs and concerns. He’s very approachable, easy to talk to and get along with. What inspired me to help George on his run for Congress is his deep belief in core values. He believes in moral, ethical, and family values. That hit a homerun with me because that was the type of family that I grew up in during the 1980’s. Over the years however our country has stumbled significantly and lost focus and lost touch with the very core values that so many of us were brought up with and what our great country was founded with. Our founding fathers had a simple vision of small government, of the people, by the people, for the people. Everyone knows that our Government is anything but small. When George is elected to Congress he’ll going to Washington to restore the vision that our Founding Fathers had for our Country. It’s been an honor and privilege to work with George on his campaign and I hope that everyone has the same opportunity to meet George that I did . Thanks so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment